Five major points emerged from last week’s meeting of the Headteachers’ Roundtable
, a group of heads who first met on twitter and share a concern about what’s happening in education.
The five points are:
• Major change should be separated from party politics;
• No child should be excluded from the qualifications system;
• Policy development should start with identifying what young adults should know, understand and be able to do;
• Curriculum design should come before assessment and accountability;
• The teaching profession should be centrally involved in shaping future reform.
For more information about the meeting read Fiona Millar’s account here